I went to that dark place as a student where no one wants to go but find themselves there and I want to supercharge myself out. What happened? Demotivated, procrastination and deep sighs to the maximum. We approach the end of semester one already. See how time flies? Assignments are overloaded so here are some of my tips that I am currently finding useful. Please do contribute below with your own. I’ve got my doodle to accompany the article and that actually boosted me for my assessment this Monday. I’m a Biomedical Student not an artist, so please don’t judge me my fellow students.
1) Take the first step. Procrastinating wastes energy that could be used efficiently.
2) Approach the problem hands on. If you’re having difficulty with getting the work done ask yourself why this is so. The problem won’t be solved if you ignore it or wrongly diagnose it.
3) Find the right mind-set to overpower this. Mind-set beats skillset anyway because it’s your approach or view on life. If this is strong then you will find the skills to get the work done.
4) Eat healthy and exercise.
5) Talk to a person you trust and who will be able to offer you advise. Arrange a visit with the Academic learning support at University. http://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/current-students/support-and-facilities/learning-and-study-skills-support
6) Work with a friend who will boost your motivation levels
7) Take a shower. It worked for me I felt refreshed and ready to start
8) Find the best time for you to work.
9) Take a step back and relax. Don’t overburden yourself, relieve your tensions.
Images taken for doodle